Diego Maradona, one of the best footballers of all time, has passed away.
His life was as colorful and varied as a football field.
His life was a struggle before the world was engulfed in foot magic.
Argentina won the World Cup.
Maradona means magician
The people of the world have won hearts.
Find out some special facts about his life here
Maradona has played 91 matches for Argentina.
He has scored 34 goals.
Maradona has played 4 World Cups for the country.
Before joining Spanish club Barcelona, Maradona helped Argentine football club Boca Juniors become league champions in 1982.
He joined Napoli in 1984. The Italian club has won just two Serie A matches so far.
Those two titles came from Maradona’s hand.
Maradona has played the most matches as a team leader in the World Cup.
He has led Argentina 17 times. In all, he has played 21 matches in the World Cup.
Argentina won the 1989 Youth World Cup in Japan. Maradona was in that team.
Maradona has suffered the most fouls in a World Cup. He was fouled 53 times in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.
He is also the victim of the most fouls in a match in the World Cup.
He was fouled 23 times by Italian players in the 1982 World Cup.
Diego scored a handball goal against England in the quarter-finals of the 198 World Cup.
When asked about it later, he said, Some of that goal was done by God’s hand, some by Maradona’s head.
Maradona began presenting talk shows on an Argentine TV channel in 2005.
Despite the competition, the Brazilian legend Pel was invited as a guest in the first episode.
- The Argentine Football Association had appealed to FIFA in honor of Maradona so that the number 10 jersey would not be worn by anyone else.
- However, he did not keep the whim.
Maradona had a Che Guevara tattoo on his arm. And on the left leg was a tattoo with a picture of Fidel Castro.
- In 1990, the then manager of the Argentina team, Carlos Billardo, was asked to form his preferred XI.
- Maradona and 10 others, he said.
- Maradona is fifth on the list of top scorers for Argentina.
- He is followed by Lionel Messi, Gabriel Batistuta, Sergio Aguero and Hernan Crespo.
Only Maradona has broken the transfer fee record twice in the history of football.
- The Golden Ball has only two players in the FIFA U-20 World Cup and the main World Cup.
- One is Maradona, the other is Lionel Messi.